PlanetVerify Limited trading as PlanetVerify (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE APP
The App offers the following main services:
1). The App acts as an intermediary between You (the “End-User”) and a third party who has requested that you provide them with a copy of certain personal details and documentation (the “Requester”). The App allows you to add personal details and capture and make copies of your documentation, which may include proof of address, personal references and forms of identification (the “Documentation”). The App also allows you to stores this Documentation on your device in a secure enrypted format and transmit securely the Documentation to the Requester.
2). Upon request, the Requester can also use the App to request that the authenticity of the Documentation provider be verified. We carry out this verification for and on behalf of the Requester using the Documentation which You have provided (a “Verification”).
3). We offer the Requester a secure central storage where the Documentation of each Information Provider is held.
4). We offer and strongly recommend Requester, to use 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) for all Documentation held in our secure cloud. This adds hugely to security as it requires a code from your device as well as the secure password in order to access Documentation on a device or computer.
5). We offer Requester a “One-Click” option to Purge an entire Information Provider’s Documentation and this can be done with data you provide if you request them to do so.
(together, the “Services”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and in the provision of the Service, the data controller is the Requester and we act as Data Processor (to the extent that we process personal data on their behalf).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
On your request and in order to provide the Services, we may process the following data about you:
- Information You Submit (“Submitted information”): This includes any Documentation which you transmit to a Requester using the App. Such documentation may include personal data. You may also give us information about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This also includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service and when you report a problem with an App, our Services.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit one of our websites or use one of our Apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and the time zone setting (the “Device Information”);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check ins, (the “Content Information”), noting that this is shared with us purely on an “opt-in” basis;
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (the “Log Information”).
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose (i.e. through your device settings). You can withdraw your consent at any time by altering your device settings.
- Information we receive from other sources (“Third Party Information”). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We also may receive information about you from third parties with whom we work in order to Verify the Documentation (if requested to do so by the Document Requester or by you). Further details about the Verification of Documentation can be found in our EULA.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- tracking the duration of visits and content accessed; and
- storing frequently used user information to personalise your online experience and ease the log-in process.
Set out below is an indicative list of the types of cookies we use:
|Cookie type||Purpose||More information|
|Visitor ID Cookie||An anonymous identifier used to recognise a visitor across visits.||It may be used to identify repeat visits and analyse cross visit behaviour.
|Tracking Cookie||An account related ID used to recognise customers and maintain your session on site.||It may be used to link site usage information with transactional information when analysing and optimising the user experience.|
|Customisation Cookie||Used to customise your experience||A unique ID used to recognise you as a returning visitor and customise your experience on our Websites.|
|Testing Cookies||Anonymous cookie used to randomly serve variants of content and to maintain a visitor’s view of that content.||It may also be used to record a variants performance in achieving goals such as helping visitors to register
|Analytics Cookies||These are used to collect information about how visitors use our website/App. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website/App.||The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our website/App, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|
|Advertising Cookies||These are anonymous identifiers used to serve ads of third parties.||The cookies allow Us to advertise to you on third party websites.|
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Providing the Services by transmitting your Documentation to the Document Requester; and
- Verifying the authenticity of the Documentation including by contacting third parties to do so.
- Device information: For App compatibility issues and potentially for multi-factor Verification purposes.
- Content Information: As per above.
- Log information: For the assistance of identity verification or trouble shooting purposes.
- Location information: We might use this information for verification/authentication purposes.
- Third Party Information: For the assistance of identity verification/authentication.
- Unique application numbers: As described above and also for multi-factor verification purposes.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and if such data then constitutes personal data, we will treat it as such.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them (or other third parties) with anonymous aggregate information about our users which we obtain from data which is submitted to the App including the Documentation. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have monthly utility bills valued at over €25 etc. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers or other third parties reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Leinster). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you download or use the App to the following third parties:
|Category of data||Recipient|
|The Documentation which you upload||The Requester (i.e. the third party with whom you share the Documentation using the App).|
|The Documentation which you upload||Third parties (such as utility companies) who we may contact on behalf of the Requester in order to Verify the Documentation in question.|
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Planet Verify or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply the EULA, and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Planet Verify our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with those Acts. Any access request may be subject to an administrative fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss this further.